Friday, March 4, 2011

Sold! (and new works in progress)

Everything. All gone- except the old woman mask. Time to get busy again. Finally have room to make the enormous sun mask I have in mind.  I am also going to work on some pipes and a weird little statuette of a bird thing (non NW Coast). I think the tusk is repairable, if nothing else I will just make it look very olde.

 Here is the bird statuette so far. I plan to add quite a bit to it, along with much longer skinny legs, maybe wings, refine the carving quite a bit more, etc.:


4 comments:

  1. Someone completely outside of woodcarving referred me to your blog and I really think your work is fantastic. I've always liked the northwest coastal art ever since I saw that old movie (can't rememer who made it) of a tribe dancing with their masks and boats many years ago. From reading your recent post it looks like you have real good luck marketing your pieces and that's great. Do you sell through galleries or have other ways of getting the word out. Your prices really seem quite reasonable considering the high quality of your craft. I also note that you have my site listed in your links....neat!

    Anyway, just wanted to drop a short note to congratulate you on your efforts. Keep up the great work as I'm sure you will. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn I sell direct to collectors, s handful of galleries, and through auction houses. In order of preference :) -

      Yes I am a fan of your work too I love the recent vultures

      Delete
  2. Gifted beyond belief. Everything I love about art. Your future is a gift to those that have the prevalege to veiw your works. AMAZING!!!!! I will be back, time and time again. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lynn and Edward. I obviously have not been checking this site like I should. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete