Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ready as I am going to get

So, no copper dagger. Just ran out of time. The blade is finished, but the handle requires too much work to finish at the show. Oh well.
The dragonfly sun mask is ready to be painted, but I will do that at the show. Thanks to Bayley and Channing for helping me sand!
The many beaked Hamatsa raven is painted. All it requires is a little touch up, and the hair and cedar bark. Oh yeah, and the little skulls dangling. I will carve those up at the show, out of alder probably, and attach them to the hair.


No turtle bowl. Oh well, I will just do that with the dagger when I get home.
Instead of the turtle bowl, I will be doing a panel sculpture of Thunderbird attacking lunch, in this case a killer whale, while the sun looks on. I will be using a technique by one of my favorite deceased artists, and a good friend of my Uncle's, Lelooska. He did a fantastic small sculpture about 15 years ago called "Puffins on a Rock." I am going to copy his use of wavy water in that piece, to an extent.

1 comment: